Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday night and day 3 & 4 of smiles.

I really love Sundays, for many reasons but the main reason is that Sunday night is Family Night. That is when my children join us for dinner or whatever we might have planned, and it is a time of getting caught up on all of their activities and a time of just good plain old laughter and love. I look forward to this night all week long, I love being with my family!!

I was really surprised tonight, as we were sitting and eating dinner my new daughter-in-law looked at me and asked me what my 3rd smile was. I looked at her and I realized she was reading my blog, hello Kim, and it thrilled my heart. How wonderful that she would want to read my thoughts and was looking forward to what I might say next. See, God blessed me so much with her, don't you agree? Anyway, the guys all just sort of looked at her and at me, they have no idea of what we were talking about. But that didn't matter, I went ahead and shared yesterday's smile with her and so now I get to share it with you.

While I was driving to the festival yesterday I was thinking about what item I could mark as my free gift for the day. I really had no idea of what item to pick, and so I didn't. While we were sitting up our booth two young boys walked up and wanted to know if we had anything for free. We told them no, and they stayed there for a while and just looked at the things that we were sitting out. Then about an hour later they came back and on of the boys kept picking up things, looking at the price. I asked him if he was looking for something special and he told me that he wanted to get him mom something. I asked him how much did he want to spend and he told me not a lot since it would be her money. Then he left again to go play for a while. I didn't see him again until later that evening, and he walked by and came in to say Hi. I asked him if he had gotten his mother something and he said not yet. I got up and went and picked up a box that I had painted and gave it to him and told him to take it and give it to her. He looked at me and asked if he could take it without getting in trouble, and I told him that he could take it and not to worry about being in trouble. He smiled and took off running.






Here is my young friend, and what a beautiful smile he has, don't you agree?






Here are some Photos of the festival.





This is our booth, can you see the new baskets? My friend Cathy is making them now and went with me to this festival.

The cute pig is what we did in class this past week. He was the first thing to go. And I love doing these sunflowers.




These pickles glasses are left over from the pickle festival, and Cathy took some of them and make this cute basket.


This is Cathy and me, right after we got set up. We are soaked from the rain but we hung in there and got it all set up anyway. It turned out to be a beautiful day after all.





It was a fun day, and I was glad to share it with my friend.





Day four Smile I guess you could say is more like a laugh. My children always can find things to laugh about, we have such a good time together. I spent my day with my Mom, and then I took a nap. When I woke up it was time to take off for our family night. We went to dinner, with only an hour to spare before the movie that we were going to go see was to start. We went to a place that is right beside the movie theater, and it has pool tables set up, along with hugh t.v. screens. The girl came up to tell us that the kids could rent a table for 12 dollars, and I cut her off by telling her that we were going to a movie and that no one would be interested in playing. She walked away and all the kids just looked at me, and started laughing. I'm sitting there wondering why they were laughing. Finally Kim told me that I cut the girl off while she was talking, which I didn't really see it that way I was just telling her that we weren't interested in playing. Then the waitress came up to take our orders and I must have done something to her, and the kids just started making fun of me. When she came back to take our orders I looked at her and told her that I really am a nice person. When I placed my order I was sweet, and even reached out my hand to touch her arm. Well, the kids went with that and really started laughing. They said that I probably really scared her, and when I touched her arm I must have sent her off in the wrong direction. The drinks didn't all come at the same time, and then when our food came they brought me something that I had no idea what it could have been. Don't you know they got a kick out of that? So, even though I didn't get to do something nice for someone today, I was involved with helping someone laugh.

Here is a photo of Phil, myself, and the kids on father's day. We went bowling and had a blast. And this is a photo of my present to Phil, a painting of his dog, Drake.

Have a wonderful night and I'll be in touch soon. (Good night Kim :-) )

4 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Charlie,
Hope your weekend was beautiful and you are still smiling! The painting of your husbands dog is just lovely!
It looks like you all had a nice fathers day!

Take care and I am still praying...

XO,
DL

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Charlie,
Just catching up reading your posts! What gorgeous items you had at the sale ~ love it all.
The painting of drake is just gorgeous and I'm sure Phil loved it.
Have a great week.
Sandy :)

Kim McGee said...

YAY!!! Thanks for writing to me on the blog:) I am glad family nite produced so many smiles for you! LOVE YOU

Kim McGee said...

P.S. It should be Kim McGee, but this is my old longin so I couldn't change it! XOXO