Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is it only Wednesday?


Seems like it should be next week already. What a day. I got up this morning, checked on Mom and went to the studio. I was there for about an hour when I got a phone call from the dialysis center and they told me that Mom's blood cultures had come back and that she has a very serious infection in her blood system and that I needed to take her straight to the hospital. If this infection continues it will end up in her heart. So, I closed down the studio and headed back into Wilmington to get her and take her to the hospital. We got there, and of course we had to wait and wait. My sister even came and waited with us. Finally when we got to see the doctor he sent us back home. Now, we had been there all day waiting, and then when she finally got into a room, got dressed it the "Cute" hospital gown, and was resting in the bed the doctor came in and told us that there had been a mistake and that she shouldn't have been sent to the hospital because the antibiotics that she had gotten the day before were working on the infection.

Was I a bit upset? Yes. But what can you do? So she got her clothes back on and we came home. She went right to bed, and I came in and laid down for about 15 minutes before having to leave for a meeting.

My emotions are running high right now, but I did really good and didn't say anything mean to the nurses or doctor. Good girl.

My smile for day 7 is this - I sent an e-mail with a copy of a quote from a book I'm reading. It talks about friends. There are 6 different parts, I'm saving the other 5 parts for other days of smiles.

have a great night,
Charlie

2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...sounds like you (and your Mom) had a rough day. Not fun!

Thanks for visiting me today. My life has been crazy lately so I stay behind in my blog reading. One day I'll catch up...maybe.

Hugs!
Kat

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Charlie,
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for all the stuff you've been dealing with lately. I'm praying for you my friend!
Love ya
sandy