Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday night, and I'm tired.

Okay, it is the end of another week, and I'm so glad. I am tired, pure and simple. I took the week off from the studio so that I could focus on the house and work towards moving out. Well, let's just say that I'm still in my house, and will probably be for a few more nights. I can't believe how long is taking me to get out of this house, but it is. The good news is that we finally have some of the furniture out of the house, and a lot of the boxes. Our bed is still here, and Hunter's is still here, but most of the other furniture is in the pod, or parts of it. fun. fun.

Monday my brother-in-law came down from Greensboro to have lunch and to go check the kitchen out where we are going to have the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. My whole day was spent with him, so I didn't get any packing done that day at all. Then on Tuesday I went to the studio for class, then I went and got my hair cut. It isn't real short, but it is shorter than what it was. Now I just need to get it highlighted and I'll look more like the old me instead of this tired me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder who the heck I am. Ugh....... Oh well, it's me.

Anyway, Wednesday found me having lunch with my neighbor, Joanie, and with Kathie. That was fun. Then I packed some and had to leave the house and go get more boxes and paper. My brain is so dead, I drove right past the place to get the boxes and went to the studio, then realized what I had done and turned around and headed back home looking for the business. I finally found it, but I felt like such a dummy. Thursday found me working with Phil and Philip on a house that we built last year, but it needed a work day. I sanded the steps going up to the bonus room and put a few layers of sealer on them. I had saw dust in places that I didn't think I could have it. It was everywhere. Needless to say I got no packing done on that day. Then on Friday morning I got up and had to run some errands and finally got home mid-morning and started packing again. Kathy came over to help, and Philip came over to help some too.

Today I went to the studio for a watercolor batik class, was there all day. But we have such a good time there that it doesn't really matter how long we were there. I am enclosing some pictures of the final results.

Good news on the lot and modular. The lot has been surveyed and the post have been put up where the modular is going to go. When we had lunch the other day we drove by and we got out of the car and I was showing the girls where the front door would be, where my bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and everything else would be. That was really fun for me, I can see it all in my head.

Well, the race is on and I want to watch it just a bit before I pass out. Enjoy the photos from today. Once again, thanks for all the prayers and wonderful comments.
love to all,
Charlie
Precious Myles in his pen at the studio while we were painting.
Theresa is loving the batik.
Jean and Kathy are concentrating hard, we decided to paint by looking at a picture instead of following the pattern.
Jean and Theresa are waxing their pieces.
Here is my piece......
And my finished piece.
Kathy's finished piece.
I'm telling you, Theresa loves doing batiks, and if you look closely you will see that she has fours flowers compared to our three.
Jean's DH came in the studio to check on her and the painting. He seemed to like it, and he really loves his wife.
While we were cleaning I noticed that Myles had disappeared. I'm not going to mention any names, but K.S. had put him in the trash bag. Bless his little heart.

4 comments:

Diana Lyn said...

Good Morning Hun, You'll get there, How beautiful your Batiks are, I want to play!!!!!!!! Little Myles what a cutie, Don't we just love our Doggies! My Lovely crafty mom made me a modern quitly for my bed made from Batik material, I love it but I made a booboo and washed this King Size sucker and oh my gosh Wrinkle City!Lots of Ironing! LOL Have a great week Hun ! Big Pink Hugs~ Diana Lyn

Sandy McTier Designs said...

I'm so bummed that we didn't have a chance to do the batiks at HD certs. Maybe convention? first night? I'm sure Hazel and Nicole would love to learn too!
Have a wonderful week. Hope the packing goes well.
Miss ya
sandy

Diana Lyn said...

Good morning again, I have something for you! Check out my Blog! :o) have a productive day! Diana Lyn

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Charlie,
Holding your hands in prayer! I will pray for extra strength for the coming months as you make this big life change...
Bless your heart!
XXOO,
Donna Lynn