Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Friday, May 16, 2008

Yes, I'm alive.

I know, it has been over a week since I last came in and wrote, but I'm sure that all of you know that I've been busy. Way too busy. But I'm at my "Mommy's" house, and she is taking great care of me and my clan. Phil, Hunter, the dogs, and myself spent our first night here on Saturday, and it was wonderful. Mom had dinner fixed, we came in and ate and then I took my shower and went to bed. I slept the whole night and most of Mother's Day. Then Monday found me back at the house still carrying things out. Finally Monday evening I looked at Phil and told him that it was time to call the troops. Meaning our friends. I called some of the guys and here they came and helped us get all of the big stuff out of the house. What a relief it was to have our friends come in and take over for a bit. Thank God for all of the blessings in my life, and that includes my friends.


Then on Tuesday my Aunt and Uncle came over and helped Kathy and I with finishing the loading of the trailer and taking it to storage and unloading it. Then we went back to house and cleaned it up, and we even got some of the old windows that I've been collecting and put them on the open trailer. We loaded the other trailer up again, and then finally I looked at Kathy and told her that I needed to leave. I was so tired. I came home to my mother's and got in bed and took a nap. That was some good sleep.

Wednesday morning I got up and went back to the house, worked on digging up some of my plants and putting them in pots. I even tried to dig up some of the bigger ones, but decided that someone else would have to get them for me. Later in the day my husband and younger son came to the house, loaded up some more items and we made our last trip to storage, then returned the trailer that we were borrowing back to Britt's Motor Sports here in Wilmington. What a feeling to leave the house and know that I don't really ever have to go back. I left some of my plants, rocks, and some other out door items there, but my older son told me that he would go on Saturday and get everything else for me. And guess what? He actually did it. He and my future daughter-in-law went and finished getting everything else that I wanted to get and took them to the new lot. They blessed me on Saturday and I really do appreciate them helping.

Speaking about the new lot, they have the foundation dug and poured. Now the modular is supposed to be going on the lot this week. I am excited about this event happening, but I've got to tell you that it has been wonderful living here at Mom's. I am enjoying the time that we are getting to spend together, she is cooking and I get to help some. (I am not much of a chef, so it is nice to be able to help her and learn in the process.) We have got and visited some of the art centers here and have gotten some ideas and have talked about things to paint and make in the near future.
Okay, I'm ready for sleep now, so each of you take good care of yourself and my God give you all special blessings, because you are all special blessings to me.
thanks,
Charlie

4 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey friend,
Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing with the packing, loading, and more importantly if you had HELP!
I'm sure that last trip away from the house was hard but it's a new day and God will take care of you and your family in this next journey of life. I'm sure it's been a blessing spending time with your mom as well - I'm glad you are learning some cooking tips too!hehehe! Nothing like a home cooked meal ~ especially when it's from mom.
I hope you get back to the studio and get to creating again - I know you know how therapuetic it is.
Have a fabulous week.
Sandy

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Charlie!
So happy you are done! It is such a blessing to have friends to help in times like this, you are truly blessed!
Glad you are having such fun with your mom, you are turning your lemons into delicious lemonade!
Have a great day today,
Donna Lynn

Diana Lyn said...

Hi Sweetie, I have missed you and so glad the worst is behind you , I knew your family would kick in ! So blessed you are! I know you know that! Take care and do keep in touch! Miss chatting with you! take care my friend! Diana Lyn

Unknown said...

Hi Charlie, I am so glad to see that you are back. I kept popping over to see if you had written anything. I am so glad that you are safe and sound and with your mom. Stay well, and can't wait until you are all settled. Blessings, Karen