Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My first award.

Okay, I have finally received my first award, and sweet Diana Lyn, at Heaven Scent~Candles From the Heart, is the person who presented me with this award. And of course me being still new to some things I had to ask her to help me with posting this award on my blog and she was very willing to help me. I also want to share with you the fact that when she found out that I do a fund raiser for Breast Cancer she immediately sent me a candle for it. That really touched my heart cause we had just met here in blog land and boom, here came the candle. She is a 7 year survivor, Praise God. Please go visit her blog, she is extremely uplifting and shares her life and belief in God with every post.



Now on to the award, I get to nominate 5 more Talented Artists for this award, which is called the "Arte Y Pico Award".

The rules are as follows~~
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for creativity, design, materials used, and their contribution to the community no matter what the language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and the name and link to the blog that awarded it.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the award have to show the link to "Arte Y Pico"
5. Show these rules.
And now for my 5 selections!

1. Sandy at Dream, Create, and Inspire is a wonderful artist, teacher, and friend. She is the one that got me started blogging and I love to go visit her blog and see what she is creating each day. She has also started a new blog where she is selling her artwork, so go check her out and make sure to visit both blogs. Sandy and I go to certifications together, and we are going to a convention this summer. We are sharing ideas with each other, but more than that she is one of my best cheerleaders. She always has a great comment and is so positive.

2. I love visiting Ragamuffin Gal, and I want you to go visit her too. She does a lot of altered art, and even sent me a piece of art with my name on it to hang up at the studio. She shows so many different pieces of art, not only her own but she shares others work for us to see. And her spirit is so loving and giving, so go be lifted up by reading her blog. If you go read her blog now she has a scripture written on the right side of her blog, and it spoke to my heart tonight. I just love my blogging friends.

3. JoAnne at Paper Cats is doing a project that is all PINK. She is having all artist send in works of art that is all pink or has something to do with pink and is making a collection of them. I am so excited to be a part of this project and she is so generous to all of us to all us to be a part of it. And she is so encouraging, always has uplifting things to say and ready to help in anyway that she can. Do yourself a favor and go visit her blog.

4. Karen at A Scrapbook of Inspiration is an inspiration of art. I love reading her blog, looking at her work and enjoying her sense of humor. If you go now and read it you will see her post about spring cleaning. After you read it let me know how many smiles it brought to your face.

5. Okay for my last award, I want to give it to Cookie Sunshine. I love this blog,and her art is so neat. She sent me some prints back in February because I mentioned that they reminded me of myself and my two friends that are my sisters of the heart. Go visit and enjoy. Get yourself a cup of coffee and sit and read some, you will feel much better.

okay, I am finished for tonight. It is almost 11:3o and I need to go to bed. I've been packing all day long, and I'm tired. Tomorrow is the big moving day, but I'm sure that it will take longer than just tomorrow since there is only the three of us trying to move, I don't have the money to hire movers and our older children are too busy to come help. Hunter's friends said that they will try to help. Hunter's friend, Fish, has been here for days helping Hunter with the upstairs. They are so funny together. They work hard, and then they will take a break and play for a while. I love it. I love my children and their friends.

Take care.

Charlie


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, I am so happy that you liked the post. I have two teenage daughters, and when the Spring cleaning begins they head for the hills. Nora Ephram says "When you have teenagers in the house, you must have a dog, at least someone is glad to see you". I loved that quote...so true. aaaah this too shall pass. Thanks again, and I will visit the others on your list. Karen

Diana Lyn said...

Hello sweet Charlie, I wish you well in your Move, I am there in Spirit, Helping you! I would be if I could, You desrve the award, thank you for the posting and Passing the torch! We all need to have recognition! Be well my friend, Loving hugs! Diana Lyn

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Charlie,
OH! How sweet of you! Congratulations on your award and thank you for your kind words about me and passing the award on to me! I love ya girl and have so been blessed by your friendship.
I can't wait to see you in July!
Have a great day.
Sandy:)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Hi Charlie,
Thank you so much for honoring me with this award. It means a lot coming from such an Artsy creative gal such as yourself. Congrats to you for winning it in the first place.

This was such a sparkling "Life" to my day! You are a treasure. Many Blessings, Katie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Charlie!
You are so sweet.

Cookie

Jo Anne O. said...

Oh Charlie!!!!!!! I am SO honored that you have thought of me to send this award to! It is the second award I have received in all my time blogging and SUCH a special one too! Thank you SO much! I have been so busy that I have not had time until now to drop over and thank you. I hope that things are getting better for you, you are such a lovely lady and deserve nothing but the best!