Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Still here, in my house and in my bed.

I really thought that today would be the day, but it isn't. As hard as my friend Kathy and I worked we still didn't get it all done. And Hunter, my 17 year old son, and his friends have been carrying things down from upstairs for days. Does that tell you anything about all the "stuff" we had? I say "had" because a lot of it has been taken away and never to be seen again. I am so embarrassed at all that we have, what were we thinking. I'm telling you the truth, I have a whole new look out on life and the things that we think we need. When it all comes down to it we just need God, our family, and our friends. Of course a dog or two is nice too. Poor Myles, he hasn't been with me all week cause of all the stuff going on here at the house. Kathy has been taking him home, and yes she is spoiling him rotten, but I'll get him back when I get to Mom's.

I need to talk about this, so bear with me. I have three children, Philip is 24 and getting married this month, Samantha is 21, and then Hunter. We have given and given to our children all their lives. If they called and needed something we gave it to them. If they needed help we were right there. Well, we have been calling them for weeks to come get their things from the house, and then this week we have been calling asking for help. Philip came for a bit, but Samantha hasn't been here at all. When we call Philip he tells us that he is busy and can't really come. Poor Hunter has been doing it all, and that just isn't fair. I am so disappointed in my older children, that right now I don't really want to talk with them because I don't want to say anything that I can't take back. I know, I'm tired and I need to just calm down. I really do have good children, but they let me down big time for the past two weeks. Oh well, what can a Mom do?

Okay, thanks again buddies. You will never know what it means to me to have all of you here for me.

Still believing,

Charlie

9 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Charlie,
Your oldest children may be grieving the loss of their parents home and status...it is sometimes easier to bury our heads in the sand then face the reality of lifes harsh moments!
Kids do this all the time just to cope...
Keep on forgiving them, and be so thankful for that wonderful boy of yours! Sometimes there is just no understanding peoples behavior.
Bless you my dear, keep your chin up and keep moving forward! God is your peace and joy...and yes I know you know that!!!
Big Big Hugs,
Donna Lynn

Diana Lyn said...

Sweet Charlie,
Oh dontcha just want to SPANK them! As Donna Said, They are grieving,BUT....... they are being selfish also and you do need the help. thank goodness for the one that is helping. I wish I could come help. I bet if You waved a dollar bill in front of their noses they would be there! LOL .... Sorry.. Have to keep up the Humor, I am sorry I would Have to let them know how much more stress they are bringing on to you! Life is not always fun or fair and WE are a family......buck up and Help! They are Adults they can take it. They'll get over it! A wise ole Owl once told me in my hour of Frustration......... don't worry they do grow up to be decent, responsible,loving, giving, HELPFUL, human beings, I promise! and she was right, Remember God never gives you more then you can handle. Stay strong, I am there in your heart helping you! I have so been there!!!!!!!!! Big Hugs Sweetie! Diana Lyn

Diana Lyn said...

Yippee! I would love to MEET you, Although I feel Like I already have! I will pass the message on to Donna! Big Hugs, Keeping moving Forward! How are you fairing the Tornados? One of my Best friends Lives on Oak Island! XXOO Diana Lyn

Justabeachkat said...

I know, I know...I'm saying it yet again...I'm playing "catch up" with my blog reading. It happens more often than I ever thought possible. But I'm not complaining though. My life is full and happy, so sometimes I get behind.

I've been thinking about you. Hang in there. Things will work out.

Hugs!
Kat

scrappysue said...

hey charlie! tracked you down to tell you you're my 3000th visitor! quit lurking and leave a comment lol.

have read some of your posts. i feel sad for you re your children. we would hope that one day when we REALLY need them, that they would be here for us. if it's consolation, their brains don't stop developing until they are 25 - so maybe that's it!

sending hugs your way. love the art and hope the transition period for your family goes well for you all.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Oh Charlie,
I so wish I could drive over and help you out! I'm sure they are dealing with things in their own ways but I know it's hurting you in the end. I'm praying for you all and hope that you've enjoyed your Mother's Day!
Have a great week.
Sandy :)

Unknown said...

Charlie, I remember when I was young (about 100 years ago) and my mom was packing up and leaving for the tip of Long Island. My younger sister was there helping. I think I didn't want to know about sadness back then, and I avoided being there. I have been there for my mom ever since, since I grew up that is. When they are older they will be there for you. Just keep looking forward, remember that song from the 70's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow? That song got me through my divorce, I lost my home my wonderful sheepdog named Maggy and the love of my life. You know God restored everything to me and then some. I found a new husband had two wonderful daughters and have a new home and two dogs. I know this time of grief really is difficult. God will restore everything for you in a brand new way. Karen

Diana Lyn said...

Good Mornig Sweet Charlie, Keeping you in my prayers, that all is well! Hope your day is as WOnderful as You! Big Pink Hugs Diana Lyn

Diana Lyn said...

Good Morning Charlie, Just Holding you up in Prayer my dear, I wanted you to know I am thinking about you! Hope all is well! Big Pink Hugs Diana lyn