Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It was a fun morning.

This morning my friend Joanie came to the studio and we worked on our ESTY Shop for a few hours. Of course neither one of us really know what we were doing, so it took a while for us to get things going. The most fun this morning was writing the part about us, and of course we got silly, and of course it shows in what we wrote. If you get a chance, go and check us out.

As promised, I took pictures of the batiks that I was working on with the wax and without the wax. I just love doing this art!!! I never really know what a piece is going to look like until I iron all the wax out.











This piece still has the wax on it.













And this piece is finished. I had done this one before but it had too much brown in it, but I really like it with more of the red tones in it.













This one I had to work with some. When I took all of the wax off I didn't like the way it looked so I added some more watercolor to it. What do you think?






I also want to add a plug for the blog that I mentioned last week. I am addicted to this blog and I go in everyday to just read it and to read the comments that people leave. You always wonder if you can ever make an impact on someone else's life, and I have to tell you that this blog is making an impact on my life. If you get the chance go in and read it.
Okay, remember to dream the impossible and aim for it.
Charlie













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the tulips. Beautiful. Myles is just too cute. What is he? My little Cotton is the light in my day. I feel a little guilty because I have a german sheppard and a cocker spaniel that I dont spend as much time with. But they are outside dogs (most of the time) and Cotton is with me all the time. Mom guilt!
Will visit your Etsy...
Good luck

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. I just found you. I will have to come read more of your blog and learn what this 50 in 5 is all about.I lost six lbs this week. That cabbage soup keeps you on the potty =)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey girl,
You are gonna have to bring one of those Batiks with you this week to certs and let me see it in person. Also, give me a quick lesson on how to do them!! They are gorgeous.
Have a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing you Wednesday.

Sandy

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! The design, the composition and technique...all of it. Karen

Unknown said...

Your work just takes my breath away! I am so glad I found your lovely site today.