Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday night, or should I say Monday morning.

It is now 12:28a.m. and I'm sitting here in bed listening to my hubby snoring, and moving my legs over so that Myles has room to sleep. We went to go see Mama Mia tonight, and I've got to tell you, it was a blast. Hunter, my 17 year old hated it. He couldn't believe all the singing, and a few times he looked at us as we joined in with some of the songs and he just shook his head at us. He is so funny at times.


It was a strange weekend. On Friday night we had to say goodbye to two of our best friends as they prepared to travel to New Orleans for the next 2 1/2 years. Not that they will be traveling that long, they will just be gone that long. Terry is the one that I call Sis, and I always claim her hubby as my brother-in-law. I hope and pray that they will be happy there, but I look forward to their returning home.

Mom has been very sick, she now has a staff infection. This has got to be the same infection that she had a few weeks ago. I feel so guilty when I go out, I feel like I should be here with her instead. That is really getting hard because we are so close to being in our own home. Matter of fact, Phil and I have spent most of the past two days at our new home working on it and getting closer to a move in day. Today I painted our front door RED. I love it. I took photos, but my cord for downloading photos is at the studio, so it will be later this week before I can post them. But back to Mom. Tomorrow we go to the doctor to find out if her arm has improved enough to put her port in her arm for her dialysis instead of her leg. They believe that the infection is coming from the one that they put in her leg, so probably Wednesday she will have to go into the hospital to have it removed, but I'm not sure where they will put the next one. She just looks so bad.


Saturday at the studio we had a Creative Memories workshop, and it really was a lot of fun. But, Patty, the friend that does the workshops, told us that she had been laid off from her regular job and then when Kathy came in she told us that she had been laid off two. I tell you what, I am so concerned about everyone and our economy. I keep trying to tell everyone to hang in there, that it is going to get better, but sometimes my faith falters just a bit. (Don't tell anyone!)


Our financial problems are still here, I just don't let them get to me like I did before. I know that we will be back on our feet again one day, and at that point I hope to be able to pay all of loans and everyone that we own money too. My daughter lost her car last weekend. We had been making the payments ever since we got it, but I told her months ago that she would need to pick up the payments, guess she didn't believe me. Now I'm not sure what we will do about her car. Right now she is driving mine, isn't life just grand? Yes, it is. Without all of the bumps in the road I don't think that I would appreciate the smooth roads so much.


Okay, smiles for the week.
Monday, day 20, I sent an e-mail card and I also spent the entire day with Mom instead of going to the studio. My sister even came and spent some time with us.

Tuesday, day 21, made a phone call to a friend that I hadn't talked to in a long time. That was a smile for both of us.

Wednesday, day 22, a friend was meeting a new guy for the first time and mentioned that she would love it if I could be there just in case. So, on the way home I decided to stop by just in case. (the guy didn't do much for me, and I was so glad that he didn't do a thing for her either.

Thursday, day 23, I went to McDonald's for Myles's and my breakfast. When I left I called back and asked for the manager and told him that the two young kids at the windows were really pleasant and that I left there smiling. He thanked me for calling and told me to keep smiling. He was telling me to smile, and here I was hoping to cause the kids to smile. Also that day at the studio I got to help a student do a painting that she had been wanting to do for a while now, and she did so well. She has a problem seeing small details, but you would never know it if you saw her piece and the eyes that she painted on her project. Way to go Pat.

Friday, day 23, I was a McDonald's again, and they young guy was at the window again, and when I saw him I told him that I had called his manager the day before. He was so shocked that I would do that and asked if he could give me a hug. Wasn't that sweet of him?

Saturday, day 24, I made sure to compliment someone on their weight loss. Something so simple as to tell someone that they were looking good and how proud you are of them of their effort.

Sunday, day 25. What did I do today? I'm not sure. I know that when I'm with Mom I do my best to make her laugh, which she does. But that isn't doing something on purpose to make someone smile. So I'm going to let you be my smile today. I want each and everyone of you to know that you are special to me in your own way. Each of you touch my heart when I hear from you, by letting me know that you are praying for me and my family, when you shared your funny stories with me, and just your life. Each of you are special, and God has put you in my life for a reason. Take care my friends, and may each of you have a special smile before laying your head down and having sweet dreams.
Hugs to all,
Charlie

1 comment:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

This post made me smile and also tear up alittle. You have such a beautiful way with words and genuine take on things. I want to see Moma Mia ~ can't wait to. Have a blessed weekend friend. Love you, Katie