Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Monday, a new week.

Hi, thank you so much to all of you that have sent me prayers and best wishes. Leaving our home is not an easy thing to do, but we are working on it. Today I spent the day going thru my clothes, and I am so disappointed in myself. As I was going thru them, dividing them into 3 categories, I found so many that I have never worn and that still had the tags on them. What a waste of money. Some were things that I let others talk me into getting, I've got to learn to say no, and stick with my own taste. whatever that might be. And the shoes......some have never been worn. I've got to tell you, this whole experience is teaching me a lot of different things and I hope to be a much better person when we come out on the other side. I feel like I only need a few shirts, jeans, one or two dresses or skirts and a couple pair of shoes. Nothing fancy or much to the extreme. I'm a simple person and I only need simple things. I think. LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that my friend Sandy is having a giveaway for her 300th post, so go visit her and enter. You will love what she is giving away.

take care,
and I'm still believing.
Charlie

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Charlie

Thanks so much for your sweet comment tonight. It's been awhile since I visited you. I somehow lost your address, but I've added you to my bloglines tonight.

It sounds like you've got your hands full right now with your move, etc. I can only imagine how hard it is to start over, but I love your attitude. I think you're right...God must have different plans for you, so stay strong and put yourself in His hands. That's what I do and it's amazing how comforting it is.

Hugs!
Kat

Dream Keyper said...

Hi Charlie!
It is a beautiful day, indeed and you will soon find out that the only thing you need is your faith in God and the love of your family and friends. All those other things are not important. Embrace what you have, and do not think about what you do not have. Watch your life shift before your very eyes! Love you!
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found your blog through another one. I am so sorry about your home. But it is so true. I am in the middle of trying to simplify my life. We buy so much excuse me, crap, and then what.....I am trying to turn over a new leaf. I am having a huge garage sale thurs and fri and I am not going to collect it anymore. I can't. God is taking me a different direction, one towards him, that he is what I need, not the junk. Our faith is all we need. Again I am so sorry but I am glad I found your blog this evening.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Charlie,
You are so inspirational to me! I know this is a hard time for you and your family and your attitude is so positive in the midst of it all. I've started asking myself now "do I really need it" cause I cannot believe how much stuff I've amassed over the years.
Have a wonderful week.
Miss ya!
Sandy :)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So good to hear from you. Your sweet attitude amazes me. i know that this will get you through this time. Our Lord has some very special times in store for you...

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Charlie, I am so sorry for your loss, and yes it is a death of sorts saying good-bye to your beloved home! I am sharing in your sadness tonight.
I promise to lift you all up in prayer each day! God will take your lemon and...well you know the rest! I know our God can do anything we ask, keep your chin up and lift your eyes to him!
Blessings to you,
Donna Lynn