Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Monday again.

No matter what happens, Monday morning always comes, doesn't it? Mine was an early one as my DH left for a business trip and I had an early Doctor's appointment. And here it is after 6:00 p.m. and I'm still at the studio. I have a festival this weekend and I'm painting things for it. I'm taking some windows, glasses, crochet items, clay items, and whatever I can get my hands on. I'll take some photos and post them. I just hope that it is a good festival for me and that it helps to get my name out in the surrounding areas.

You know, it is the small things in life that are blessings. And I've got to tell you that I am blessed each day by a kind word or a promise of a prayer from all of my blogging buddies. You will never know how much your words mean to me, and they seem to always come at the right time. Thank you.

Yesterday DH and I went and spent some money. Guess what we got? We bought bikes. Now we started looking at bikes back in January and then when we decided to move we realized that there is a bike path all over the area and that made our desire for a bike even stronger. The ones that we were looking at were around 300 dollars, and that is without the accessories, I need a basket so I can take Myles with me. Well, yesterday we went to Wal-Mart and bought two bikes, a basket for Myles, a bell for my bike, and a bike carrier for the car and we still got out for less than one of the other bikes would have cost us. Now why do I share this with you? Because, months ago we would have paid the big bucks and not thought anything about it, but now we stop and think about what we are doing, do we really need it, and we keep reminding ourselves that we don't need the best of everything. I was so proud or ourselves yesterday. I really was.

Okay, that is it for now, just wanted to share my thoughts with you. Have a blessed week.
Charlie

4 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Sweet Charlie,
You have no idea how much you are effecting myself and others with your ability to share your heart! I love your humility, your tender heart and your sweet posts! You will have many days of beautiful rides with your hubby and dog and I know sunny days are ahead! I lift you up each and every day on my walks...Giving you a big fat pink hug, Donna Lynn

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey girl,
I can't wait to see what you've been creating for your festival this weekend! Hope it's MEGA successful.
Looking forward to seeing pics of you and hubby on your bikes and of course Miles in the basket! I'm proud of you!! So sensible!!!

Diana Lyn said...

Good Morning Sweet Charlie,
You have such a wonderful outlook on things, Going through hard times is really a blessing if we choose to see it that way, I know!!
I Love to Bike ride and will again someday . where i live there isn't anywhere, Myles is ADORABLE! Would love to see your creations for your show, Have a wonderful day,I am thankful for you! Big Pink Hugs Diana Lyn

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Beautiful example of a great lesson. Thanks for sharing it with us Charlie. Blessings, Katie