Samantha and Lillieanna

Samantha and Lillieanna
Time for Mommy to take Lillianna's last name

Charlie's Little Piece of the Worls

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Someone remind me of why I'm doing this?

Okay, so living in my little fairytale world, even with all the evil things that have happened to us in the past 1 1/2 years, I still think that everything is going to be fine and that life will go on and I enjoy looking at things thru my rose colored glasses. Going along one day, my youngest comes home and tells me how much it is for him to go to The Community College here in town. I so am living in the 80's cause I wasn't expecting the amount that he gave me. Once I woke up and got off the floor I started praying and asking God for a job. How else was I going to pay for this child of mine to go to school. Then boom, Tuesday morning I got a call about a job and I jumped on it. I'm a waitress, for the very first time in my life, and I'm liking it. My body, on the other hand, doesn't like it. I never really knew this was such hard work. And when I'm standing there at the end of my shift and I'm mopping the floor, lifting up heavy chairs, and doing whatever else needs to be done I ask myself.....:"Why am I doing this?"........."Oh, that's right, Hunter". Man, I hope he appreciates this. Hey, does he even know that I'm working?


The two brothers, Philip and Hunter.

1 comment:

Leslie and Mike said...

Both of our daughters were waitresses during high school/college and they learned a lot from it. It also made them and Mike and me appreciate what they go through everyday they work. Therefore, we are very patient to our serveers when we eat out and we are good tippers!
I hope you continue to like the job and your customers appreciate how hard you work! Maybe God has placed you there as a stepping stone to something bigger.......